The essence of our organization exists in our human spirit – the spirit and passion of those that serve and the spirit and determination of those who accept our services. We are dedicated to serving those in need.
- The YWCA’s 2 million informed and active participants in the U.S. are a united, powerful force for women’s rights and equal opportunity.
- Our programs and activities are supported by more than 47,000 volunteers.
- For more than 150 years, the YWCA has been at the forefront of most social movements in the United States—from the abolition of slavery to voting rights, from civil rights to pay equity, from violence prevention to health initiatives.
- We are inspiring a new generation to become strong leaders and advocates for opportunity and equity for all women.
- Our leadership programs serve more than 50,000 women each year and one-third of them are young women.