A job readiness program was created to address barriers and provide resources for community members seeking mobility, stability, and ingenuity surrounding employment. Employ402 provides resources and coaching to build confidence, skills, and knowledge to support participants in reaching their goals to secure and create a profitable employment experience.
Mission: Employ402 is a direct response of our mission to work within the community to increase economic independence and security.
Objectives: Employ402 areas of focus are: Financial Literacy, Job Outfitters, Job Preparedness, Technology Skills Building, Entrepreneurship, and Job Coaching.
Financial Literacy: The focus of the Financial Literacy program is to be more intentional with financial learning for youth, young adults, and adults as they focus — or refocus — on finding success in their financial journey.
- Banking 101: What happens when I open up a bank account? How can I trust a bank with my money? Who are all the people inside the bank and how can they help me? We’ll talk about the small things when it comes to banking and what to expect when you don’t know what to expect!
- Budgeting 101: Learn to build a budget! We’ll talk about the foundations of a strong budget, how to do it and why it’s important!
- Budgeting/Needs vs. Wants, Proactive Budget and Grocery Store Savings: Bring our budget! We’ll talk through ways to cut back, your needs vs. your wants, how to proactively save for upcoming expenses and even how to save a little cash at the grocery store!
- Investing: Want to learn how to invest? Don’t know anything about investing? Learn the basics, the language, how it works and resources to help you get started!
Financial Literacy will be offered quarterly on the following dates:
- January 15th
- April 16th
- July 16th
- October 15th
All classes will be 9:00 am - 11:30 am
To sign up for our Financial Literacy class, please click the link below!
YWCA Lincoln has partnered with Lincoln Goodwill to provide vouchers to individuals seeking employment or maintaining employment to purchase clothing for interviews and ongoing work attire. To obtain a voucher, please call us at (402)434-3494 to set up a time to come by!
- Resume Building
- Cover letter Building
- Mock Interviews
- Identifying Strengths
Registration Link Coming Soon!
Job Coaching: Personal one-on-one coaching to help secure resources to help clients attain their employment goals.
- One on One Coaching
- Resume Review
- Job Search Assistance
- Strength Identification
- Identifying Resources to Overcome Barriers
Please click on the link below to complete the registration form for Job Coaching!
For questions contact Halea Pacula, Director of Family and Community Engagement at (402)434-3494 Ext. 108 or email@example.com